Free 3GP to AVI Converter is an absolutely free application which convert mobile phone video files (3GP and 3G2) to AVI or MPG (MPEG-1, MPEG-2) format.3GP / 3G2 files are commonly used in 3G mobile phones, but they are not supported by many players and video editing programs. To play or edit 3GP/3G2 video you need to convert that file into more popular format, such as AVI or MPG.
At default settings, the application converts files using Xvid video encoder and MP3 audio encoder, and automatically selects all the encoding parameters so as to preserve the original video and audio quality. Most portable and fixed players should have no problems playing AVI files created with these settings.
The application interface is a very simple and user-friendly. To convert mobile phone video files, just drag & drop them into main window and click the CONVERT button.
Advanced users can set many parameters used by encoder: audio and video codec, audio and video bitrate, frames/sec., sampling frequency, resolution, volume and other.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 1.10
- New conversion engine (FFmpeg) and multimedia information library (MediaInfo).
- New module: Check for updates.
- Added option to save the creation, last access and last write time of the source files in the output files.
- New video filters: color conversion to grayscale or sepia, brightness, saturation, flip horizontal, flip vertical, rotation, negative.
- Displaying the size of the resulting file during conversion.
- Highlighting the conversion speed and highlighting the number of the current pass during two-pass conversion.
- A new control displaying a list of pre-defined video resolutions. All resolutions that meet the 16:9 aspect ratio are highlighted in green, 4:3 – light red. The list has also been complemented with slightly less used resolutions.
- The control displaying the list of profiles has been changed. Now additional separators are displayed between the profiles, which increases the readability.
- Changed the position and size of some interface elements, mainly related to facilitating access to advanced program options.
- A small changes to many controls: file list (table), buttons, audio volume slider, menus, some panels.
- Added the ability to select visible columns from the context menu of the file list and from the main menu.
- The error causing displaying of negative values of processed data after exceeding the 2GB threshold has been fixed.
- Automatic scrolling of text in the window with the conversion progress.
- Lots of smaller improvements and bug fixes.